I've been thinking a lot about discipline lately. I don't believe I have discipline very much yet I know that I have more than I think I do (simply because I'm the type of person that's too hard on myself). Either way, I believe that I need to be more intentional about achieving my/our goals, writing them down and taking steps to reach them.
That's goals. Not resolutions.
This year, I'm striving to find joy but in the midst of that there are things that I/we want to get done this year that requires that goals be set, actions required to meet those goals be determined, target completion dates be identified and that we just do it (like Nike)! I'm so corny *sigh*.
The hubs and I sat down and talked about what we wanted for our family this year:
- What are our spiritual goals?
- What are goals for our marriage?
- What are our parenting goals?
- What are our financial goals (specifically; how much do we save? how much debt do we pay off, define monthly budget)?
- What are our reading goals (as a couple and individually)?
- What are our business goals?
- What are our personal goals?
We wrote everything down. Some things in excel (e.g., financial) and others in a notebook I bought specifically for goal planning.
Everything we want to do is going to take some effort. Some discipline. I'm nervously praying for more of it, hoping that God isn't "funny" about how He goes about instilling this in us. I know we can achieve everything we've written down and set our minds to do.
I'm looking forward to seeing (and sharing) our progress, and to a year full of growth during a season of contentment!
What a lovely life we have in store...