To Love. To Grow. To Change. To Live.

Friday, October 03, 2014

Appendicitis | Day 3

Wearing my husband's band, because you can't take jewelry into surgery. Emergency surgery at that.

I had no choice but to hone in on my husband today. He leaves for work each morning around 3:30am. At 5am he called me, sounding disoriented, asking me to pick him up b/c he was in severe pain. Pain that had started last night that he chose to be a man about and "sleep it off". Typical!

I put on clothes, brushed my teeth, grabbed a bag full of necessities (clothes, toothbrush, snacks, you name it) for Maddie and we were out the door in 10 minutes.  As I was on the way he sent a text saying, "Feel too faint called 911".  We're not fans of (costly) ambulance rides so to call one meant this was even more serious than expected.  I immediately thought appendicitis but I didn't want to claim it so I didn't say it. I freaked for a second, cried a little, prayed a lot and sped to NCSU.

EMS was there by the time I arrived and took their sweet time getting him in the ambulance and to the hospital (because they thought he had indigestion). Idiots. <-- I don't mean that.

Anyways, fast forward and the doctor says his appendix is extremely inflamed and it appears that it may have ruptured. I immediately thought, "he's going to die, he could of died last night, Oh-My-God!".  Thanks movies! 

Then the surgeon explained what he'd be doing, answered our questions and got an operating room prepped for his surgery. I laid my hands on him and prayed then went to the waiting room.  By 1:30pm they took me from the waiting room to his room where I waited some more and read every article written about a ruptured appendix and prayed some more .  I eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.  Around 4:30pm they wheeled him in. He made a silly joke about "crying" and I immediately felt better.

I love that man!

He'll have to be hospitalized for a few days to ward off infection due to the appendix rupturing.  He'll also have to be out of work for about three weeks or more because he isn't allowed to do heavy lifting and he tends to do a lot of that at work, no driving for a couple of weeks or playing sports.  I could feel his frustration about it all because he doesn't know how to sit still.  

I'm just glad he's okay and I pray that he does not get any infections and have a speedy recovery. He knows how to get on my very last nerve, but I wouldn't want to do this life without him :)! I know God's got him covered, but keep him lifted in prayer anyway, my friends.  

And so goes day three!

Hone in,

31 Days of Writing Series: 


  1. You're such a beautiful writer. I'm excited about this series and glad you're back to blogging!! I'm also even more glad Mario made it to the hospital in time!! I'll definitely be praying for the three of you even harder during this season. God has His way of getting His message across. I'm guessing Mario really needed to settle down for a bit!! It's good to hear he's himself so I don't have to worry. Stay strong Mrs. Lady!! God's got ya! (P.S. - absolutely loving these pics too!!)

  2. That must have been so scary! Glad it's over with now and that he's on the mend!

  3. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Praising God for taking care of him!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read and cherish each and every one and do my very best to respond to all in a timely manner.

© Pharr Away | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig