Use what she's got, of course! Peanut butter! I haven't had a homemade peanut butter cookie since I was a kid and this was my first time making them all by myself (I remember my aunts making them when I was little).
These cookies are crumbly and sweet and Maddie can barely wait for them to cool down before she grabs one! "Hhhhot", she says...then digs right in! That's my girl! Enjoy!!!
1 1/4 Cup of Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (softened)
3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar2 tbs of Brown Sugar
1 cup of Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl blend together the butter, sugars, peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg (beat the egg separately prior to adding to bowl).
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just incorporated (mixture should be light and airy).
- Use a tablespoonful of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball.
- Use a fork to make the famous peanut butter cookie impressions (don't be shy about pressing into the dough).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack before serving.