Every year, starting in 2014, I've come up with a two word phrase as the foundation for my goals for the year. The phrase sums up my ultimate goal; however, I break it down further based on the different areas in my life I want to focus on. In 2014, my ultimate goal was to "Be Happy". In 2015, my ultimate goal was to "Find Joy". And, as I'm sure you're aware by now my ultimate goal for 2016 is to "Be Intentional". I'm so excited about this vision for the year and what it means for my future and the future of my family. I plan to be intentional about three areas this year:
- Our marriage has been tested in many ways since we exchanged our vows, and more than anything I want our marriage to last. With that said, having an intentional marriage is our number one focus for the year. I'll expand upon what we're doing to cultivate a stronger marriage through a series of "Intentional Marriage" posts throughout the year.
- I plan to give our daughter, Madison, as much of my undivided attention as possible over the course of the next 6 months before her sibling arrives in June.
- We plan to take a few trips that she's specifically asked to go on this year (i.e., Zoo, Beach, etc.).
- She turns four in February and will start kindergarten in 2017. We've been working with her from the beginning so she's already ahead for her age; however, I believe she's ready to really learn how to read. So, we'll work towards that this year.
- We'll also be working on handwriting and other areas teacher's have suggested children should know or be able to do prior to the start of school.
- I plan to exclusively breastfeed our new addition, just as I did with Madison for as long as possible (Madison and I did so for ~20 months but I'll have to keep in mind that I was a SAHM for 18 of those months and will not be taking off an extended period of time with our second).
- I'm ready to fully embrace being a mother of two when the baby arrives and truly be present. I'll be learning and adjusting and forming a routine that works for our family, all while doing my best to keep from getting overwhelmed by the new challenge that this change is sure to bring about.
- I'm ready and will take my blog to the next level.
- It's time to truly work at building my email list.
- Prior to traveling my blog was bringing in a steady stream of income. I'd like to exceed last year's earnings by diversifying my income streams.
- I'd like to finally create info. products (i.e., eBooks, eCourses, etc.), and begin mentoring/coaching beginner bloggers.
- Lastly, it's time that I create an LLC for my blog and start paying quarterly taxes on my earnings.
In addition to all of the above I plan to start back journaling, as I use to do as a child, in order to have a more personal outlet to record thoughts, prayers and the happenings of life. I feel good about this year as I have every year since I started writing my vision and making it plain in this way. As always, I'll be seeking God for guidance and drawing closer and closer to Him along the way. Without Him none of my goals are possible, so He'll continue to be the key to it all through this year's journey and the years to come!
I pray your year is off to a great start, my friends, and I'd love for you to share your word, phrase, goals, resolutions or however you define your vision for the year within the comments. If you've written a post, feel free to share the link as well.