I've been looking forward to age thirty for quite some time. I use to have my life all planned out. I just knew that I wouldn't get married before age thirty. I didn't want children before age thirty-two/thirty-three. I wanted to be a strong, independent woman who was fully focused, in control, and career driven.
Then, life happened in the best kind of way. I didn't view it as such at the time. I felt like I'd failed at life. That because I didn't follow the path I had set for myself, didn't do things in a particular order, and didn't take the straight and narrow "road to success" that society suggests should be taken, that I'd managed to ruin my life somehow. It took me a while to relax, relinquish my control and realize who's the author and finisher of my life. That God's plan is so much better than my own. I'm finally settling into this life, learning to live life for me, and so much happier because of it!
- Caffeine is needed to survive.
- ...so are pretty flowers.
- Life is fleeting.
- Happiness is a choice.
- Unhappiness signals a need for change.
- Knowing what you want is a game-changer.
- No longer settle.
- Networking is important, but building real relationships is vital.
- Always negotiate. Ask for what you want (and deserve).
- Marriage takes constant work.
- Raising child(ren) is hard. You don't have to say rewarding; it's a given.
- Your circle of friends gets smaller; better.
- Times flies as you get older; spend it wisely.
- Trust is earned and nearly impossible to regain when broken.
- Have fun. Try new things. Travel.
- Read constantly; keep acquiring knowledge and improving yourself.
- Make memories worth remembering.
- Live life instead of just getting through it.
- Inconsiderate people and inefficient people are the worst.
- Meetings are almost always unproductive.
- Complaining solves nothing but makes you feel better.
- Crying sometimes is necessary and good for you.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Follow your heart, find your passion, and do what you love.
- Trust yourself.
- Be confident and value yourself.
- Invest in yourself.
- Everyone is struggling with something. Be kind.
- Love is everything.
- Seek, trust and depend on God!
What are some things you're sure of now that you're old(er)?!
Photo Credit: 1